Thursday 29 August 2013

Newcastle Keep























Newcastle Keep from the River 
(Oil on board, dimensions n/a) SOLD

I've been a little hampered in my posting of late, because I needed to get a new scanner and load Photoshop onto the new computer. All done now and a kind of normality seems to have returned to that part of my life, at least.

This painting is one of those I mentioned selling a short while ago. I had a photograph but needed a scanner to upload it. I did the painting at university as an experiment, using a very limited palette I'd found in a book by Chip Chadbourn - yellow ochre, burnt sienna and ultramarine, with white.

I was always quite fond of it, especially in the way I'd handled the water, so it was good when someone poking about in the studio came across it and liked it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting composition
Kev

harry bell said...

Thanks.