Wednesday 16 January 2008

All aboard


Spotlight (2nd day)


Vaporetto 2 (2nd day)



Vaporetto 3 (2nd day)

[The photographs are not good: they were taken in the studio at the end of the day, without any flash, so the colours are a bit dark in places, too light in others.]

It may look like nothing much has actually changed in these three pictures, but today I've been gradually adjusting and readjusting the figures. Some were too large, some too small, and they all benefit from being worked over, being made more substantial.

I have to say that this is the tiring stage. Even to me it looks like a lot of work to no great effect, except that I know there's been a change, and for the better. The most noticeable change is in Vaporetto 3, I guess, because the figures are becoming more alive. But I must find a suitable background for it soon, so that it can be integrated into the paint as the picture progresses.

5 comments:

jafabrit said...

I like the man with his hand over the side a bit and the way it casts a shadow. The shadows make it very interesting.

The Lone Beader® said...

Wonderful painting! I love your style:)

Emm said...

Love your work! wonderful compositions, fun color and style, really conveys atmosphere, I want to be there!

Casey Klahn said...

I appreciate these very much. Very nice take on Venice, and unique.

harry bell said...

Jafabrit - it's little details like that, that I look for. They give a life to pictures.

Lone Beader - Thanks! And welcome.

emm - I want to be there too, but this will have to do.

Casey - Welcome to you too, and I appreciate your comments.