Thursday 15 May 2008

New Venice Picture



Venice Regatta (1st stage)



Venice Regata (2nd stage)

This is what I'm working on at the Club at the moment. The first image is how it was when I got there this afternoon, the second how I left it a couple of hours later.

Not a great deal of difference, I'll grant you. It's moving slowly, I find, and there are definite problems in some areas, most notably right in the centre. There's a problem with the reference photograph which I'll probably have to resolve by sheer invention. And I'm wondering about the red bias - there may be too much of it. But other than that, I'm relatively happy with the way it's turning out. I have a couple of weeks to finish it in time to put it next to my colleagues' 24 x 24 inch paintings at the next Figure8 show.

No comments: