Wednesday 10 September 2008

Setting Up

We set up the Figure 8 Stand today, ready for the NewcastleGateshead VIP Preview Evening tomorrow. Considering we knew nothing of what would be expected of us, and having received no advice from anyone at home or in the blogosphere, I think we acquitted ourselves pretty well.

To give credit where due, I have to say that we'd have taken hours longer than we did, were it not for Mo's Mr Grumpy. He's a wizard with the spirit level, pencil and electric drill. By the time we left, shortly before the 6 o'clock close, there were people who'd been there all day and had barely got past the fixing on mirror plates stage.

Here are two photographs of how our stand looks. My pictures (in the first photograph) are the set after the right angle.





I have to be there early again tomorrow. The Art Fair Police will be coming round to inspect the stand and make sure our modest table doesn't intrude beyond our allocated space, then once we have their blessing, the place will be thrown open to the Press, about whom I intend to remain mute, in the hope that I might get some more publicity (I got one of my paintings shown in the Art Fair supplement in today's Journal).

If you're around, do try to look in on us at Stand N2, in the Northern Rock Foundation Hall at The Sage, Gateshead. I'll be there most times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Opening times are:

Friday 12th September 11am-6pm
Saturday 13th September 11am-5pm
Sunday 14th September 11am-5pm

6 comments:

Unknown said...

All your hard work has paid off, it looks great. Hope you meet some interesting people and sell lots of work. Who are you sharing the stand with?

harry bell said...

Thanks very much, Spot. I'm sharing with the three other painters I usually show with as "Figure 8". There's a link to our blog on the sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Meant to say Hope all goes well!
Have a question on my blog for you!

harry bell said...

Thanks, Chris - fingers crossed! I'll be over to see you as soon as I can.

ian gordon said...

Great looking stand.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Ian. It provoked a lot of positive feedback (and some healthy sales).