Thursday 5 March 2009

Old Drawings #31, #32 and #33



I was woken from my slumbers by the call of the lesser spotted scaffolder this morning. Can window replacement be far behind? Not far at all - Monday, in fact. I'm having all the windows at the back, including the studio window replaced with uPVC.

This intrusion of scaffolding, coupled with my first heavy cold of the winter, meant I didn't go to the Club today. This winter is seriously affecting my work production, although on the positive side, it's giving me ample time for further reflection.

So, with no new work to show you, Old Drawings steps into the breach. These are from a drawing workshop I went to (at the Art Club, as a matter of fact, before I became a member) in 1996. The one above was done using graphite sticks and white spirit on cartridge paper. An interesting method, but a smelly one, and probably not particularly good for your health.



This one was simply charcoal on cartridge paper.




And this was made with a bamboo pen dipped in Indian ink applied to cartridge paper.

2 comments:

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

Hello Harry, I came across your blog through Tevor Lingard's blog. These drawings are great, as are the other pieces on your blog. It will be fun to follow.

harry bell said...

Stephen - welcome and thanks for your compliments. I hope you enjoy visiting again.