Wednesday 20 May 2009

Window of Opportunity


Night Cafe (work in progress)

I'm still lost in a turmoil of preparation for various events, not least the Northumberland Art Fair this weekend. However, I was determined to get something done today, so, finding a couple of hours to spare, I determined to see what I might get done in that time.

This is the result. It's based on an old photograph I took through the window of a Costa Coffee outlet in Newcastle one night. It shares the rectilinear compositional device in the lower half that the Prague Tram series employed and that seems to be developing as an ongoing interest.

There's a little more to be done, but not a lot. One more session should see it done.

1 comment:

April Jarocka said...

Interesting to see how this one progress Harry. Looks good so far.