Monday 27 July 2009

Old Drawings #39


Sunday Market (charcoal on A2 cartridge paper)


Sunday Market (collage with some paint, on cartridge paper)

Dating from 1996, the drawing is a view from the Tyne Bridge of some of the stalls on Newcastle's Quayside. Unusually, I followed it quite quickly with a rare collage.

Even more unusually (I was really keen to try out different approaches in the year before I realised I could go to Uni), I followed up the drawing and the collage with this painting:


Quayside Market 1996 (oil on board, 24 x 24 ins)

4 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Occasionally I like a painting better than its drawing - this is one of those few times. A proper great work - all 3 actually.

You are a master of values, Harry.

vivien said...

a great series :>) - and I love the original charcoal

April Jarocka said...

You know Harry, I love seeing your sketches and experiments!! Wonderful.

harry bell said...

Thank you, all.