Wednesday 30 September 2009

Old Drawings #41


Car Park Steps (Charcoal, compressed charcoal on A2 cartridge paper)

As I'm still in Sorting Out mode, I'm not getting anything done to show you, so I may have to resort to showing Old Drawings for a while. Not such a bad thing, as we've reached the point in 1997 where I went to Newcastle University to start my BA (Hons) in Fine Art. As a result, there are quite a few drawings from that period.

The course was a four year course (rather on the model of the Scottish art colleges) and the first year was designed to bring everyone up to a similar level of ability. There were periods of drawing, sculpture and printmaking and this first exercise sent us out into town to make drawings of urban architecture, with a view to making sculpture based on the drawings.

This is the first I did.

2 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Harry, how did I miss your blog? Keep showing us these old drawings. They are superb. Reminds me of the Ash Can school = Sloan and Hopper.

harry bell said...

Hi Sheila -- welcome at last. Glad you like the drawings. Another coming up real soon.