Thursday 15 July 2010

Sunset



I'm always a little restless when I'm finishing off my tax accounts. I don't like doing them and would rather be painting, but generally I end up fiddling with both and feeling ... well, restless.

So it was today that I made some small progress with the accounts and then some smaller progress with a painting that may yet work out, but not until I can give it my full attention.

Coming up from the studio, I slumped into my chair in the living room bay window and looked out at the setting sun. It's at times like this that I sometimes wonder why we try to make paintings. They certainly can't compete with what gets painted in the sky every evening.

3 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Beautifully said, Harry. And right on the button.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Caroline.

April Jarocka said...

Beautiful sunset. Harry I've left twit but you probably gathered that...might return in the future. Hope we can keep blogging.
All the best
April