Thursday 7 April 2011

Opening Tomorrow



I left five paintings today to be included in this show opening tomorrow. It's organised by the Newcastle Artists Society and is at Citibase in Churchill House, Newcastle.. You may remember I went to their first show a while ago. Well this is a bigger show, taking in all five floors of the building and looking round at what's already on the walls, it promises to be a good show.

The preview is tomorrow night from 6pm to 9pm. I hope if you're in the area, you might call in and look around, say "hello" even. But if you can't make it tomorrow night, the show is running for the next three months.

If you really can't get to see it all, then these are the paintings of mine you'll be missing:



Wooden Sunset (Oil on canvas, 60 x 60 x 4 cm) £700



Close to Islam (Oil on canvas, 40 x 40 x 4 cm) £300



Venetian Wall (Oil on canvas, 40 x 40 x 4 cm) £300



Engine Summer (Oil on canvas, 40 x 40 x 4 cm) £300



Oil Drums (Oil on canvas, 40 x 60 x 4 cm) £350

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the show, Harry.

--
Bruce T.

harry bell said...

Thanks a lot, Bruce. I'll while away the hours with a beer or two.

Anonymous said...

Tuned in today and saw your "Prefabricated Dialogues" post. I really like these realistic abstractions.
John (Frootbat)

Kevin Williams said...

Harry,

Will go see when we're up over Easter. Always keen to see bit of rust and degredation.
Kev

harry bell said...

OK, good. You may want to check that they're open, given that it's an office block and it's a Bank Holiday. But it's not like you'd have far to go to find something else to do.

Casey Klahn said...

Best wishes on the show.

These works bring me in (if from afar). I think engine summer is a beauty.

harry bell said...

John -- I'm pleased you like them. Pity about the location, eh?

harry bell said...

Casey -- I'm glad you like them. Unfortunately, I'm less than pleased with the hanging arrangements.