Friday 26 August 2011

Shop News


Wee Scotland Shop (Oil on canvas, 12 x 12 ins)

Things are very quiet here, as you must have noticed. I'm doing a lot of reading and thinking as what passes for the summer goes by, but not much in the way of painting. I suppose a rest is a good thing and will no doubt prepare me for some kind of Great Leap Forward.

Meanwhile, I've learned that this painting has been chosen as the "Editor's Choice" in a national magazine (more on that in due course). As I thought this might be of interest to the Di Rollo Gallery where the painting is on display, I sent them an email. By return I learned that, coincidentally, the painting has sold.

Suddenly, the rain outside seemed to take on a rosy glow.

2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Wow! Great news. Maybe you can scan the magazine for us.

Enjoy your great leap forward. I wonder if there's one for me, next?

harry bell said...

Yes, I'll scan the page when it's published, some time in October.

Expect no great leap from me until I've had a couple of weeks in Majorca - coming soon. But if you find yourself ready to leap, go for it Casey!