Saturday 3 August 2013

Sun Insurance Building













Sun Insurance Building, Newcastle (Oil on board, 12 x 24 ins)
SOLD

An interesting week, about which I may have more to say in the coming days, but notable in part for some sales of paintings. This is one of them. 

The painting shows the top of one of Newcastle's fine buildings, built originally for Sun Insurance, although they no longer have offices there. The work dates from a period when I was very interested in looking up at the tops of buildings, something that few people do, and is a kind of companion to this one (owned by the same purchaser):















Bigg Market Buildings (Oil on board, 5 x 7 ins)
Private Collection

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ones Harry. Don't recall seeing them.
Kev

harry bell said...

Thanks. The smaller one has been on the blog previously, but both were lying round in the studio.

Sheila Vaughan said...

Hey Harry - good on you mate! I like selling things that were modestly just hanging around the studio!

harry bell said...

Sheila -- if only people would come to the studio more often and poke about amongst the stuff!

harry bell said...

Mr Lonely -- smiles are always welcome.

Simon Jones said...

Hi Harry
great painting...anything that reminds me of Hopper is noteworthy..in fact think I can divide my life into BH and AH..before Hopper and After Hopper...he has kind of distorted reality for me...so yes more Hopper please.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Simon. I rarely stray far from the Hopper influence.