Sunday 10 April 2016

Sketchbook Circle : My Seconds Out

Time to reveal the additions and responses I made in my sketchbook sent this month to my Sketchbook Circle Partner, A. The first set of three are pages I prepared last time; A chose not to work on these (there are no rules), so I've added something of my own to them.




The next three are pages started by and added to by me. 

[Later: At her request, I've removed them]



xxxxxxxx


This third set shows a response by me (the matchbox) to a page by (the matches), followed by some additions by me to her pages.

[Later -  here I've again deleted all of A's images, with the exception of the spent matches, which I feel are important to my own contribution]




xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Finally, we have three new pages by me. I don't regard most of these as being complete in any way, so if A does nothing to them (she can, of course, simply respond with images of her own), I'll be working on them again when the book returns at the end of the month.



Technical note: in working on these, I used black and coloured markers, watercolour, gouache, acrylic paint and coloured pencils, as well as collage, of course.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting exercise. I like the '2016 (don't say a word)', the 'suitcase with pipes' and particularly the double page matchbox spread.
Must be a lot of fun doing this.
Kev

harry bell said...

Thanks, Kev, it is a lot of fun.

Interesting that you should refer to the "suitcase with pipes" because that's how I started to draw it, but as it went along I realised the pipes had morphed into some kind of extension of the straps on the suitcase - note the several punch holes.